Friday 19 March 2010

Why Cooking is Awesome

Cooking is just about the best hobby in the world. You play around with ingredients, try out new things, see what happens, and when you’re done with your hobby you get to eat delicious food. And the more you play, the better the food gets.

There are some people in the world who just don’t ‘get’ food. They eat whatever doesn’t take too long to prepare, and stops them from being hungry. This completely freaks out my square mind. How can you not enjoy eating? We are biologically designed to find it in the top three activities that humans can participate in (the first one is obvious. The second I have left open as a wild card – you can make your own choice for that one. I have chosen ‘the films of Arnold Schwarzenegger’. But that is beside the point).

The point is, eating is awesome. Eating really good food that you’ve cooked yourself is even better. You should do that. I know I do.

This is my blog for me to show off when I’ve made something I’m particularly proud, review a restaurant I enjoy, and philosophise about food in general.

*A short note about the title of this blog. Firstly, it is an injunction to get on with trying new things, to think about what you eat and enjoy it. Secondly, it refers to an urban legend in which a celebrity chef (who shall remain nameless) is discovered in a secluded area of a television production studio using the words ‘Eat It!’ to instruct a young (male) TV assistant as to how to perform a certain act upon his person. You do not have to pick one interpretation over another, but I won’t blame you if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment