Tuesday 24 August 2010

Brave New Kitchen


We are go, people. I have run back to the arms of Sweet Lady Internet to tell you all about my kitchen based adventures.


First of all, the new kitchen:




That's right, that's a sofa you can see there. The new place has an open place living room/kitchen. You'd think that that might be a negative thing, but I'm loving it. I don't have to pause a film if I fancy a snack, which is really cool. I still need to leave the room if I need a wee, though. I'm not that progressive.


For the past couple of months I had imposed a 'no new stuff' rule to minimise packing, but now I have been able to make the following additions:

- Some lovely oven-proof dinner plates
- Cutlery (living in a shared house I hadn't realised how low my personal supply was)

- Stackable shakers. I don't know the proper name for them, but it's a set of 4 plastic shakers that I have filled with flour, icing sugar, or cocoa powder. I have been using them quite a bit already, and they're in gloriously retro colours.
- Kitchen scales

- Food processor (from my parents loft)

- Popcorn machine (from Pete's parents)


I have also been actually factually cooking. For reals! Posts on various bits and pieces to follow. I don't want to do them all now as you'll get all overexcited. Tune in soon for the next thrilling episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment