Thursday 19 August 2010

I've missed you too, The Internet.

I know, I know. “No blog for a while, Bronners. What’s the deal?” Well I’ll tell you. I have just moved and still have no internet access. And if your mind hasn’t been completely blown by the fact that you’re reading this on the internet right now, I’ll point out that I’m on my lunch break at work, where I am as yet unable to write for long periods or upload photos of tasty treats. This kind of puts paid to the whole ‘writing and pictures’ elements (the canny amongst you may have noticed that those are the only elements). What’s more, I’m still busy enough in the evenings that cooking forays have suffered, so it’s not like I have that much to talk about anyway.

Still, I am very fond of my new kitchen. What was once a homely, beige and cream affair with kitchen tiles that were inexplicably designed to look marked and grubby is now swish beech effect doors and chrome handles. I’ve even got a dishwasher! I don’t even like dishwashers! Inexplicable exclamation mark!

At the moment I’m desperate to stock up on all the kitchen bits that I want/need, as we’re still a little short, and currently improvising kitchenware out of bits and pieces (make do and mend, Blitz spirit and all that). The first dinner party of Casa Bronita made use of a decorative plate as a dinner plate and tea saucers instead of bowls. However, a recent charity shop excursion made a start at accumulating a proper kitchen’s worth of goods, and I also now have the welcome addition of a beautiful set of stoneware Le Creuset cookware that was a very generous house-warming present.

Not that I can show you a picture of it, or anything I’ve done with it. But I will, in time. Oh yes. Then you’ll see. You’ll ALL see.

Normal service shall resume shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment